Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 4 and 5

 Ahhhhh...
Day four was a must needed rest. Addison and Rose headed off to their high adventure hike on the treacherous 11 mile Kalalau trail where they were going to spend the night on Kalalau beach. My mom and I headed to the Hanalei branch for church and had a very spritually uplifting meeting and spiritually uplifting day.
The next day instead of waiting around and worrying to make sure that they got home safe, we decided to do our own hike up to Hanakapi'ai falls- 8 miles round trip and beautiful! Stopped to explore Hanakapi'ai beach on the way back. The four miles up I had the energy of the universe. Two miles back to the beach I was still doing good, then the last two miles back to Ke'e beach kicked my trash. By then it was mid-day, the sun was blazing on the uphill portion of the trail, and I totally died. Made it down okay, but had to take my time. Then I came home and crashed on my bed for two hours without hardly blinking. The waterfalls were BEAUTIFUL- totally worth the hike, and although we had to cross the stream several times, which made some of the rockier parts more slick, we made it up just fine and enjoyed watching the waterfalls over our lunch. Thanks for packing the lunch Mom, it was great...
PS, I apologize for the picture quality, I made the decision not to bring my camera, even though I regretted it when I was up there. These are all from my iphone. :-)












 Afterwards, Add and Rose got back in one piece and we all showered and went to the Kalypso bar and grill. This was our yummy dessert.
 Battle wounds from the hike. Minimal to what they could have been, considering...well, me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment