Monday, January 23, 2012

Hello Beautiful

Welcome back! I appreciate all you loyal friends who have followed us over here. I've had this blog in the back of my head for, like, ever, and have just been hindered in getting it done. I have a sick son upstairs tonight, so I'm up taking care of business here while I have nothing else to do (except, you know...wait for him to puke again. Time of my life).
Couple of reasons why I wanted to switch:
  • When I created C.Ellingson and Co., at the time, it was just me and Craig and Chloe. I thought I was so clever using just the first letter of our names to signify who's blog it belonged to. Could it be Chelsea? But wait, Craig's name begins with a "C" too...and let's not forget Chloe! Why, it must belong to all three of them! Genius. And...yet now we have two other children in the family who's names do not start with a "C", which begs the reader to wonder what kind of misdirected author names a blog only after certain members of the family and not all of them...or perhaps she meant just herself, selfish woman she is...and mysterious, why not just call it Chelsea Ellingson and Co.? And what is this, a lumber yard? Who names the rest of their family "and Co."?? Yes...you can well see that I've been bothered and haunted by this name for a bit...
  • "Up with the Ellingsons"...I won't explain myself in entirety here at the risk of sounding too self-important, but I will tell a short story of a certain Grandfather in the Ellingson family who has told his progeny for years that "Elling" in the Netherlands, from which Ellingsons originate, is the name for a small duck. But another Ellingson progeny has since determined that "Elling" comes from a root meaning "nobleman", yet despite the correction, I still have a small affination for the duck, and since it has had it's ties to this family for a couple generations, so it shall live on in our blog. Hence the duck on the blog. *editor's note: I accidentally started the "duck" in the previous sentance with the letter "f" and was quite shocked to find my obscenity upon re-reading the entry...good thing I fixed it....*
And there you have it. New blog. New direction. I hope to post more of my home-making skills (no laughing, there, I do have them...) and thoughts on motherhood and life in general for those interested. I hope that you take the time to edit your blog rolls and followings and such to "Up with the Ellingsons" instead of "C.Ellingson and Co.". Thanks for your time.
Bye bye, buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment