Monday, August 11, 2014

Odellio

Oops, last time I posted was Linus' birthday...that means it's been 3 months since I last posted! I don't know what it is about moving to AZ, but it killed my blogging drive...
Oh well. We're still living life, guess that's all that matters.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our CRAZY little four year old Odell!
I seriously crack up at this girl every day. She dances. She giggles. She talks way to fast for her own good: Kingman has a lot of old folks, and they all love to stop in the store and try to get a giggle or a grin out of Odell because that's what old folks around here do, but they usually end up walking away with a sort of confused smile on their face when Odell ends up talking a mile a minute to them and they can't understand a word she says. She loves food. She hates food. She is in heaven from all the Frozen/My Little Pony stuff she got for her birthday (I know, I used to hate giving my kids media-branded toys, but it turns out wooden puzzles and blocks only go so far with three girls in this house, I'm official THAT mom...). She is currently happily playing with a couple of said dolls imagining a scenario where they are calling to each other from a big chasm, so everything she says she repeats 2 or 3 times for the echo effect. She loves to talk back to me and attempt to say some of the things she hears her siblings say to each other when they're mad to me- that never flies too well for her. She makes friends really quickly, especially any cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, or visitors ages 15-25 who clearly have nothing better to do than be her personal jungle gym and pretend to be Anna to her Elsa. She really likes the song "Come with me now" by KONGOS, and it's hilarious to hear her sing it. When she pretends, she often exclaims and yells something absurd about every 3 minutes during her play and really REALLY reminds me of Agnes from Despicable me. Watch this and you'll understand...

I'm not exaggerating when I say she is capable of doing any one of these things.
We love her to pieces. She's a great little sister and a great older sister now too, and now that she's old enough to make her voice heard, she's making it heard. I hope she keeps that quality throughout her life, even if she's a little loud now. A little.
We went on a route 66 adventure for her pics this year. She tried to talk to everyone at the Hackberry General Store (and not many of them were actually American, so they would just smile at her and talk to their friends in whatever language they spoke in an adoring way). She went on a scavenger hunt for the donkey we heard braying somewhere at the back of the property (never found it). She wanted to stand on every car, I only let her stand on one. She also gave me a heart attack when she nonchalantly pointed out a 4 ft. bull snake between her and I on our way up to another building on the property. Thankfully I was able to keep it together to get her away from it, but I'm sure if I hadn't noticed she'd be calling it fluffy and using it as a jump rope or something.
And I present to you, ODELL ANN!













Love you baby.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I think I would love her! And Melanie would too! Also, you are an incredible photographer. Like amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! Anytime you need a photographer and you're in the vicinity hit me up. :-) I think she and Melanie would probably get along swimmingly! We should send them on a camping trip together in late Spring when it snows...and maybe they'll come up with some kind of imaginary dog they could share between them...(sound familiar?? :-)). I just remembered the dog's name. HUSK!

      Delete