Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Leibster Award

 



Hey! I got nominated for an award! :-) Actually I thought this was really fun, and thanks to my old pal Kristen for nominating me. Kristen and I knew each other in college. Once we went on a camping trip with our church and it snowed and we were so desperate for warmth we snuck out of our tent into a van and talked and laughed all night. It was a good time. :-) 
The rules for the Liebster award are as follows:

1) Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2) Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3) Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4) Display the Liebster Award logo.
5) No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.

And now I'm going to answer some fun questions Kristen came up with. :-)

1.) What is something quirky about you?
Um, well I have double jointed fingers, which means I can bend the top joints of my fingers without any help. This is also while my viola playing career was short lived- sometimes my fingers got stuck that way while playing and that wasn't so fun.
2.) Where is your favorite place to shop?
TARGET. I know, not very creative, but I'd say my number two spot would be thrift stores.
3.) Where would your ideal place to live be?
Kauai. I'm pretty sure that's where heaven is going to be when the world ends...
4.) What is a pet peeve of yours?
When I suddenly realize early in the day that I'm wearing an outfit that is either too uncomfortable or doesn't look as good as I thought it would when I put it on and it's too late to do anything about it.
5.) What's the first thing you want to do during the kids nap time or just when you have time to yourself?
Eat, ha ha. There is something to be said about enjoying a meal when it is quiet, I always save my lunches for when I can eat them in peace.
6.) What junk food makes you the happiest?
This is awful, but I'm gonna be honest and say a Diet Dr. Pepper. I don't buy them that often, but when I do, they are typically consumed, in peace, in the time period of the a fore mentioned question.
7.) If you could choose any career (besides motherhood) what would it be?
Ha ha, that's a hard one...I enjoy a lot of things I could put into a professional career, the question would be which one would bring me the most instant success. :-) Writer, photographer, artist, blogger, go back to teaching, any of those would be great. Thankfully motherhood typically incorporates a lot of these, just without the pay. :-)
8.) Who inspires you?
Stephanie Nielson, Ree Drummond, my Uncle Tim, and President Monson. And a lot of other people, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head...
 9.) What's your favorite movie?
All time favorite? Ooof...I'm not sure it's possible to pick one: any Jane Austen movie, Penelope, Jane Eyre, Tim Burton films (don't judge), Superhero movies, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Pixar movies, and...honestly....I sort of like....the Tinkerbell movies...cough cough...
 10.) What are you best at? 
Taking pictures of kids. :-)
11.) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Done having kids, being a personal chauffeur to my teenagers, working on my incredibly successful photography business in our ginormous house...on Kauai, of course, and being completely content with life. Something like that. 


Alright, here are my questions for my tageroos:
1) Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
2) What is one thing you SWEAR your kids will NEVER do?
3) Name one thing on your Pinterest list or bucket list or otherwise list that you haven't done yet that you really want to?
4) What is one thing you did as a kid that you never fessed up to your parents about?
5) What movie scared the poop out of you when you were a kid/teenager? 
6) Where do you find your biggest inspiration/daily motivation?
7) Who was your first kiss?
8) Really embarrassing moment while doing your job?
9) How do you record your family/ personal memories?
10) Best vacation you've ever had?
11) Favorite books?

And here are my tags! Thanks for playing along (don't worry if you don't have 11, just do as many as you can) :-)





1 comment:

  1. Oh that camping trip..... Forever in my memory:) I loved your answers. I feel the same about eating in peace. I will wake up extra early sometimes just to eat breakfast alone.

    ReplyDelete