Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weenie!!

To enjoy the fruits of your labors, you must wade through some muck sometimes. Some pumpkin muck, to be specific. 
Chloe: "Mom, can't you just scoop the pumpkin yuck out for me?"
Me: "NO"
Because Daddy did it for me. And also it's a rite of passage until you become a Mommy and have earned a Daddy to do it for you.
Actually, I don't mind the guck so much, I just am too much of a perfectionist because I try to get every single little stray stringy thing out of the pumpkin and I sit there forever. Craig gets it done a lot faster for me. 

Odell was a little freaked out. But she recovered, don't worry. 

 Yeah, that's right. My pumpkin is clean.


 Workin' hard!



The finished products!! While, as mentioned previously, I kind of have an OCD problem with getting all the stringies out, I kind of like how Craig was lazy with his and let them be. I can be okay with it just this once.




So, typically I got out each year and take pictures of the kids in their costumes- this year was no different. Except for the fact that it usually goes off without a hitch, and this year it didn't. I had Chloe and Odell outside and had just gotten Odell's makeup done when Chloe whipped out her light saber and hit Odell in the face with it. And the makeup came a smearing down her face with her tears. I had just gotten her calmed down and re-make-upped, I got a few shots of her while I could and was about to move on to Linus when Chloe ran up to me and through panicked tears said that her stomach hurt really bad. I assessed that she wasn't dying, looked like it was likely just gas, but she wouldn't let up about it. I had her sit down, then go inside and get a drink of water, then lie down for a bit, and finally after her extreme insistence that it was the costume that was bothering her, I let her take it off before I got any decent pictures of her in it. After she got it off, I tried to see what was wrong with her, and explained that if she really wasn't feeling well then she needed to rest for a bit and I would take her into the doctor if it hurt that bad (which would likely mean no trick or treating). Magically the pains disappeared within about ten minutes, just enough time to wear Linus and Odell out enough with pictures that it was time to come inside. Nice. Oh well, I can always dress them up again on another warm day when we have nothing else to do, I'm sure I won't get any complaining.
Odell is "Queen Amida-wah", although I went a little over-board with the red dots and she looks more like a geisha. Still cute either way, though, and she was so excited to wear make up just like mommy. Or something like mommy anyway. 
 Here is stomach-ache Chloe. Who was replaced quickly by "I want to go trick or treating!" Chloe. She played Ahsoka from Clone Wars. She knows nothing about her except that she's a cool jedi and also she's a girl. 'Nuff said.
 Feel the rage, Darf Dater.
 Protecting the geisha at all costs.

I want YOU to join the dark side...

Guess which ridiculously good-looking family won best themed family costume award at the church Halloween party?
Aw yeah. I know you are jealous of my dread-lock wig turned Leia buns wig. And my jedi moves. And my sexy Han Solo. How come Leia didn't have the force?



2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I love the costumes! Impressive. I also love that picture of Odell being grossed out. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it- all!!! BTW, you look great! The first picture of you makes you look so much like your mom! In a good way. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete